Skip to main content

Winter Vacation, Day 7

Wonderful husband took two days off of work, making school vacation for me a much more pleasant experience.
Slept late (after battling a migraine for 6 days), lunched with a friend (after another 15 minute ride around the parking lot looking for a space) and this afternoon took a family jaunt to the wonderful world of IKEA.
I know. The Stern family really does know how to spell FUN!
Sadly, the boys love it there. Why? Because there is a play space that is for kids only. Did you hear me? KIDS ONLY?! Cant beat that. For 45 minutes staff watches over your "toilet trained" children and then BUZZ you when it's time to reclaim them. Sounds like a kennel but I kid you not that they beg to go.
After 25 minutes our buzzer goes off. Savior husband runs through the store figuring something must be wrong if we are being summoned 20 minutes early.
I follow behind and get there a few minutes later seeing him waiting.
I see my oldest happily playing and waving at me.
Naturally, my troublemaker 4 year old is MIA.
He suddenly appears out of the bathroom; naked as a jaybird.
"Mommy. I pooped in the potty and a little pee pee got in my underwear"
The staff woman is asking me if I have a change of clothes with me (are you kidding me lady? My kid is 4. I'm way past the carrying an extra set of underwear with me. Yet; I realize as I'm staring at my naked child that I should be doing just that)
However; there's something more important going on here.
Did you hear my kid?
My non pooping child just did his first poop in the potty at IKEA!
Turn on the loud speakers.
Free swedish meatballs and Pepsi for all.
My kid did the deed in a toilet. For those of you reading my updates you know that this is monstrous!
Of all places in the kids sized toilet (with the seat up mind you) at IKEA but we have success!
I cleaned him up. No choice but to redress him in the slightly urine stained mickey mouse underwear (thank goodness I didn't need to throw those out. IKEA and the surrounding stores would've heard mayhem erupt) and my child happily explained to me what happened.
"I really had to go Mommy. I couldn't hold it in and I knew I couldn't go in my Mickey underwear. I forgot I needed to put up the seat and IKEA doesn't have potty seats Mommy so I sat like this. Want to see how I sat? See Mommy, like this. But my tushie got a little wet and I fell in so I was afraid to keep going and that's why I got a little pee pee in my Mickey underwear. And then I called the teacher and told her and she said to stay in the bathroom till you got here. Are you mad at me Mommy?"

MAD?!!
I'm ecstatic that one day before 2009 comes to a close my child reaches one of his greatest accomplishments of this decade.

THANK YOU IKEA!
And a Happy New Year to all!

Comments