Skip to main content

The Poopy Dance

For those sitting on the edge of their seat, tuning in each day to see if there has been any progress with the pooping situation, hang on tight...
we have made headway.
Very little.
But some is better than none.
It had been days since the last poop. I told him I threw away the pull ups (in actuality I threw them away to the top shelf of my closet. I needed them as a last resort)
Day 4 of no poop
"Mommy. I need to go poopy"
"Okay lets go"
"Can I go standing up and in my pull up?"
"no, you either go in the potty or in your underwear"
"But Im wearing my Mickey underwear today. Will you clean it after I go poop in them?"
"Nope, In the garbage"
"I have an idea Mommy. I'll go upstairs and change my underwear all by myself and then you can throw out my yucky underwear. Or maybe you can clean it in the washing machine."
"nope" (Smiling. The kid's genius)
"I can clean it myself"
Smiling not so much. Grossing out at the thought of my 4 year old covered in poop.
"I'll make you a deal. If you go sit on the potty right now we will run to CVS right after and get you the electric toothbrush you've been wanting" (I know. Bribery at its finest)
"Right now we'll go? Can I poop on the potty in a pullup?"
Thinking it's better than cleaning poop underwear- I give in.
"But Mommy. You threw out the pull ups"
I make him hide his eyes while I tell him I have one left that I saved (have to dig one out amongst the bag of 24 that I have hidden in the pantry)
"But Mommy. I dont want to sit on the big potty. I want to sit on the potty chair (aka tiny portable toilet used for 2 yr olds. I dont argue) And Mommy? Dont say YAY to me when I do it. I dont want you clapping and saying YAY."
I hide my laughter.
I promise I wont.
He sits on the potty chair.
"ITS COMING OUT! MOMMY ITS COMING OUT!"
You would think it was a new car I was elated about. Trying not to scream YAY I tell him over and over again how proud I am of him.
"Can we call Grandma to tell her because remember Grandma promised me a big gift if I pooped on the potty?" (Bribery again. Runs in the family)
"Yes, we can call Grandma. And Daddy"
"But Mommy. You can do the poopy dance if you want"
Terrific. Kid remembers the poopy dance that I told him we would do once he did the deed.
Whatever motivates him.
Picture grown woman and 4 yr old filled with a dirty pullup dancing around the bathroom singing "Poopy in the potty. Poopy in the potty"
Think back to Kirstie Alley in LOOK WHO'S TALKING TOO.
Before I can call Grandma he has his hat,boot and coat on ready to go to CVS.

Result:
Two+ years and a Spongebob Electric Toothbrush.
Imagine the gift when the pull ups are out of the equation?!!

Comments