Skip to main content

Nine Years Ago..


We feared snow.
Correction.
My mother feared snow. Me; not so much.
It was unbelievably cold. I believe a high of 6 degrees. But the sun was shining and it was our wedding day.
And perfect.
We were surrounded by family and friends at the most glorious of Boston hotels. It was my dream wedding...not only the location, the flowers, the food...but the guy standing beside me. I was marrying the man I wanted (and would) spend my forever with.
We took our vows and set sail....I dont think either of us were prepared what lied ahead. We were grounded people. Our relationship was solid. We complemented each other and I knew that we were meant to be. But we went through a lot of bumps along the way.Not our marriage but things being thrown at us...more than most couples do in decades. We were tested early on ...

And here we are. Nine years later. Going strong..in spite of the hurdles we faced.

What have I learned?

I learned ..no, I was reminded, that I married a wonderful guy. A person who catches me when I'm about to fall. Someone who is rational when I'm insane. Someone who lets me cry and rant and worry. Someone who is my partner in every sense of the word.
No, I didn't expect our life to be so complicated that December 2nd day. I'm sure he didn't either. Yet, it was the hand we were dealt and I'm so fortunate to have had you beside me, every step of the way.

Our wedding song holds true nine years later

" I wouldn't leave you, in times of trouble.
We never could have come this far.
I'll take the good times. I'll take the bad times.
I love you...
just the way you are"


Happy Anniversary to my husband.

Comments