Skip to main content

Day 2 corona social distancing

I needed to get creative.
A contest, I decided.
Brilliant.
I tell the boys.

Ok teenagers
I will give you 48 hours to clean your rooms.
You will be judged on 4 categories and scored appropriately.

What does the winner get? Youngest ask.
Because I know my children so well, I knew that a simple competition was not going to cut it.
Bribery was the only way I was going to get my results.

And I'm okay with that because drastic times call for drastic measures.

Winner would get a "prize" of their choice up to X$ amount. (In effort to not be judged, I refuse to tell you the actual amount I decided upon. That being said. File under things I never thought youngest would say " I need to go. I need to get started cleaning on my room"

So there's that.
Dustbusters are being used.
And garbage bags.

I am BRILLIANT, I say to DH, as we watch HGTV with our feet up on the couch.

Okay, so yea, it's day 2 of this social distancing thing but I feel like I'm starting out on the right foot.


Comments