Skip to main content

I love you fiercely

Dear Sons (And your sons, and your daughters),

Let me start by saying this; you are SO loved.
There is nothing you could do or say to make me not love you.

There may be days, however, that I do not always like you.
And you may not always like me.

But that's okay.

My job is to make sure you are safe.
And that  you know how to keep yourself safe.

So that annoyance you feel when I make sure you are washing hands, checking ingredients, making sure you have your epi pen, kiss your forehead to see if you have a fever...that's me doing what I signed up for.

I also want you to know how amazing you are.
Do not roll your eyes at me when I tell you for the 100th time.
I speak the truth.

This is not just something I see.
Others see it too.
Maybe the girl you like doesn't see it.
Or maybe the kids you want to be friends with don't see it.
But that doesn't mean you are not simply amazing.

It just means that not everyone is meant to mesh.
And that's what makes this crazy world go around.

We are all different.
And we are different for a reason.
Conforming and changing to do and be something you are not?
It will never feel right.
Because it's not you.
It's not who you are.

You have potential.
Ooodles and noodles of potential.
Your failing grade, not making the team, broken heart..
this does not define you.
You will fall.
I fell.
Many times.
And I got up.
And you will get up.

You will find your niche.
It may not be your dream school
and you may feel now like you don't have a "group"
or maybe you are not sure what you want to major in.
That niche
Will come.
It may come at the craziest time
and it may change over time
but remember what I said about the world going around?

We have choices.
Loads of choices.
And if you screw up (which you will. We all do)
You will make a different choice the next time
You will learn.
You will grow.
You will evolve.

Dear Sons (and your sons, and your daughters)
You are truly amazing.
You are worthy.

And I love you
Fiercely





Comments