Skip to main content

3 wks post op

In some ways it feels like I had surgery 3 months ago and then I need to remind myself that it's ONLY been 3 weeks.
Im feeling stronger yet still not ready to run a marathon (Oh wait I wasnt ready to do that before this cancer stuff either!) Slowly am easing myself back into life as I met friends for lunch this week and ventured out to Gloucester yesterday for a waterfront festival. I got sore walking around about an hour into it yet the 90+degree weather clearly didn't help much. Spent 20 minutes hanging by the gourmet cotton candy booth. Youngest wanted purple (aka grape) and the nice woman who owned the place saw I was about to pass out so directed her 2 inch fan at me while I regained consciousness. Why would I leave? She was the best. Beside her fan, she has different flavored cotton candy! Who knew there were kinds other than pink and blue? We also tried rootbeer (which honestly tasted just like rootbeer) and she swears its 100 calories/bag. I loved her. She does birthday parties and I was all ready to book her but the fact that our party is a short 7 days away kind of got in the way of my big plan. Next year for sure!
I digress...
so 3 weeks post op and each day clearly gets easier. My stitches are raw and I've been instructed by the drs office that I cannot even apply lotion to it for 6 weeks. Joy. Shoulder still hurts and still tired but I must admit to all of you, I'm really in awe that one day I had cancer and the next it's gone and I have NB in it's place. Modern science is truly amazing.

Comments