Skip to main content

One week later..

Im not at a place where I expected to be 7 days post op.
Im swollen. I feel like Im carrying around a 10lb NB
Im sore. I cant wash my face without it hurting. I cant shower w/out the help from my husband and I cant sleep on my side. The worst part is I cant hug my children really well.
Im depressed. I have Breast Cancer. It hit me like a ton of bricks after my surgery. Im not sure I really believed it all before this. Its just become very...
real.
So my upbeat strong personality has worn on me.
Im sure its because for 7 days I have laid in bed, watched one too many Lifetime movies, and have nothing to do but focus on my own recovery.
I know this is normal. A dear friend reminded me of the "stages" we all must go through in dealing with something like this. Nonetheless, Im not loving this stage.

On the upside I had my one week follow up with my plastic surgeon and all looks well. He removed the darn drain so I feel much freer! My scar is a lot bigger than I anticipated so that was a bit of a shocker although I know it will gradually look better. I also heard from my breast surgeon and my pathology report came back as expected. No surprise other tumors, didnt spread into my lynphnodes (really good news) and as much cancer as expected (which I guess was quite a bit so good thing we did the mastectomy)

With that all behind me, Im hoping tomorrow is brighter.

Comments