Skip to main content

Monday blahs

3rd load of laundry
A child who threw up on me and the couch
A migraine

What do these three things have in common? Monday blahs.
In spite of the doldrums this morning, yesterday's weather totally cooperated with us and the party was a complete success. Sure we had a few meltdowns but they were from Youngest who I don't get so upset about when he melts down. Oldest was a superstar participating in all activities and having a ball. He has come such a long way. There was a time when he wouldn't get near a sprinkler and now he was the first one out there getting himself doused by water. I remember back to early parties when he would hold onto my hand making sure I didn't leave his side. Yesterday..I'm not sure he even looked for me once. His sensory issues have made leaps and bounds and I think..no, I know, he had a great time at his own party. The way it should be.
Youngest' meltdowns were over his new fear of moving cars=hitting people. I'm not sure when he developed this or why but the minute the firetruck moved (did I mention we had a firetruck at the party? A real one..very cool) he got panicky that it was going to hit him..or someone. A few cries, a few tears but all was good once pinata time came. And cake of course. Cake makes everything all better. And what's better than a birthday cake from Party Favors in Brookline? Sure we took out a second mortgage on the house to pay for it but it's all about the kids now isn't it?



PS How many days until school starts?

Comments