Skip to main content

Rain Rain Go Away

Last summer I nixed the idea of an outdoor birthday party for the boys in fear of rain. We wanted to have a Fire Engine come and let them play on it, outdoor games and take a ride. My Mom kept putting the fear of G-d into me asking what happens if it rains? Then What? I skipped the party but made the leap this year for the same type of party.
And what's happening? Hurricane Bill is making a threat on the coast...causing many clouds and possible showers here in Mass. Damn hate when Mother's are right.
I called her the other day to apologize for making her go through this nervousness when planning my wedding. She commented as any good mother would "SEE. Now you know how I felt!" And my children's birthday party hardly compares to a wedding.
Dear Husband and I got married in December. Not by choice really but because it was the only date available for the hotel I wanted to get married in. That or New Yrs Eve. So we opted for December 2nd. My mother, for 8 months, kept talking about the potential of snow. The wedding was obviously indoors but she envisioned friends and family trapped at airports and lugging into the wedding in winter boots. For weeks before the wedding she was glued to the weather channels; hoping to get an insight into what December 2nd's weather would be. She drove us all insane with worry. (For those that know my Mother, the worry part shouldn't surprise you. For those that know me, you now understand where I get it from)
Well, PS. December 2nd, 2000 was a high 8 degrees but...SUNNY.
Today, well....lets just hope I have the same luck in the weather department. I've been driving my husband insane with forecast predictions!

Comments