Skip to main content

Window Songs

In HS, my friend and I had a list of "window songs". These were songs that we sang at the top of our lungs with the windows rolled down driving to visit our boyfriends, the mall, out to eat, wherever..it didn't matter.
23 yrs later and whenever I hear a window song, I'm instantly brought back in time. Boys of Summer, Like A Virgin, I Want A New Drug, ...ahh, the 80's.
Today I heard Air Supply's "All out of Love". I was driving home from the supermarket because I needed hoodsie's for my boys birthday party. Two car seats in the back, driving an SUV, post mastectomy. Not exactly the same scene from when I was 17 but, nonetheless, it still was a window song..
We all need to have those moments. Where we are brought back to earlier days, sometimes easier days..I wouldn't say High School holds my most fondest of memories but certainly not my worst. And there are many that make me smile...

Air Supply is one (to boot it was my first concert I ever saw. Great Woods, circa 1985 with my HS Boyfriend)
Yes, good times...

Comments