Skip to main content

Things weighing on my mind today

I cannot get the image out of my head of the 20 something yr old very pregnant woman at the mall today standing outside with her friend having a cigarette. She glared at me as I was staring at her. If I had the gall to say something I would have but figured it wasn't my place. However, its stayed with me all day.

Had a nightmare last night that my youngest was getting kidnapped. I woke up in a cold sweat and went in twice to check on each of my sons. I then woke up youngest as I placed my hand on his back to make sure he was breathing. He looked up at me so sleepily and I asked if Mommy could crawl into bed with him. He fell back to sleep before he could answer. I didn't but how odd it was that the parent was asking to sleep with the child after a bad dream. I still cant shake it.

Lastly (and clearly not listed in order of importance) I'm angry at Jon (Come on, Jon who? As in Jon and Kate Plus 8)I never watched the show until it became a scandal so I then tuned in to see what was happening. I tuned out after their divorce but I'm still following the absurdity because I read important news items like PEOPLE Magazine. I sided with him after watching a few episodes. Kate treated him like the 9th child and I felt for him. Clearly he wasn't getting any respect in the marriage and I thought he made the right move getting out--even if it involved 8 children. No one wants a marriage staying put just for the sake of the children...or maybe they do. But I wouldn't. So I said good for you Jon. And then..he entered mid life crises mode in his 30's and is acting like a complete baboon. He seems to care nothing about his children and Kate now rises to the occasion. She may not be a good wife and may not care that her children's lives are being flashed all over tabloids and TV but at least she tries to be a Mother. And that, I cannot fault anyone for.

At least she didnt smoke while pregnant!

Comments