Skip to main content

Tales of a 4 year old

My youngest was sick yesterday. Slight fever.
And coughing..coughing and more coughing.
After 20 minutes I couldn't take it anymore and got up to give him a neb. (Did I mention it was midnight?) (A neb for those of you with non asthmatic children stands for nebulizer treatment. You know the good stuff that goes into your lungs -by mask in this case-and makes you breathe better)
The good news is it helped him breathe and the coughing stopped.
The bad news..alubterol makes him wiry. He (and when I say he I mean WE) were up until 2:30.
"Mommy. I need to pee"
"Mommy. I want some water"
"Yucky water. I NEED milk"
"Mommy. I need MORE milk"
"Can Daddy come in now to say goodnight?"
"Mommy is (Oldest) sleeping even with the neb machine making all this noise?"

The kid does crack me up but he is exhausting and clearly more so at 2AM.
I'm happy to report he is fever free this morning and is acting like yesterday never existed but this Mom is still facing the repercussions of lack of sleep.

Comments