Skip to main content

Fatigue at it's finest

I have been back and forth to Mass General Hospital a total of 8 times over the past two weeks.

My father has been in and out of Mass General a total of 3 times in the past two weeks.

Youngest went there to get his cast off. Didn't even need to be cut; thing slid right off his arm.

Went to see Dr Ortho for bursitis in left shoulder and left with a diagnoses of bursitis in both shoulders.

Need to see Physical Therapy twice/week.

I have no time to see Physical Therapy even once/week.

Have been to the dry cleaners three times in 5 days.

Have been to CVS twice this week for medication refills.

And deodorant.

Have a camp reunion meeting and a PTO Book fair to work on; both events that I'm "chairing"

Was supposed to have passover dinner in my house until my Aunt also got admitted to the hospital and now it's cancelled because what's Passover dinner with five people; two who are under the age of 7 and don't eat brisket anyways.

Too bad Aunt and Dad can't be at the same hospital. It would cut down on bad roommates and frequent visits.

Went to Children's Hospital once this week for poopy Dr visit.

Youngest still not pooping.

Poopy Dr assures me he is only one small step away (ahh, yea, that would be a big step in my eyes) and if the sticker chart and homework didn't work (homework would be sitting on the toilet, in a pull up, to GO) then he could be enrolled in toileting school.

I kid you not. Toileting school. Invented, apparently, for kids like my youngest. Smart, controlling, and willful. Yes, that would be him. Willful.

I wondered why I couldn't keep my eyes opened last night while driving home from the hospital at 830PM eating a take out salad from Whole Foods for dinner. As I climbed up the stairs to my bedroom I suddenly remembered what was waiting for me if I turned on the light.

To my surprise, it wasn't there. My huge pile of laundry was neatly folded and put away. I slowly walked back down the stairs with tears in my eyes.

Thank you, dear husband. It's really the little things that matter most.

Comments