Skip to main content

Girlfriends

Girlfriends are truly the greatest gift in a woman's life.
I know this because I have great ones in mine.
Truly- great.

I believe that every once in a while, women need to clean house. Get rid of the friends who are not...truly great.
Get rid of the ones who are not there for you in a heartbeat when a tragedy occurs. Rid the one who is too busy to email you because she is busy with her "new" friends. The one who doesn't come to your rescue..EVER..
Be gone!

We are Mother's now. Grown women who do not have time to relive our High School Years.
We are watching over our own children now. We face daily struggles, heartaches, stressful times...we need girlfriends to support, hug, vent with, talk to, drink with, cry to.

We need girlfriends to gossip with, share afternoon playdates with, discuss aging medical changes, vent about our 10lbs that we still cannot shed, bitch about what our husbands did or didn't do, exchange a good book with, meet for coffee.

My husband is a wonderful person. We share many qualities and yet balance each other with our differences. He is the constant in my life. My partner, father of my children, my one true love.

He is in a different league than my girlfriends
And I'm pretty sure he is okay with that.

That I reserve for my girlfriend.
The one I have history with. The one that will understand my need to talk about the latest Oprah episode one moment and cry about my stressful day with my children the next. The one who I can complain to about marital issues, mothering issues, friends and school and fashion issues. The one who gets me in a way a husband cant. The girlfriend who is always on my side.

Because we are women.
We are wired differently.

I was once told by my Mother that you are lucky if you can count your true friends on one hand. Your truest of friends.

I consider myself lucky.

Comments