Skip to main content

Follow Up

Went to physical therapy for my shoulder and arm pain which I was sure was because of my mastectomy and reconstruction.
Nope.
Turns out its from the sentinel node biopsy I had (at the same time of mastectomy)
The sentinel node is the one node they biopsy to make sure the Cancer didnt spread into my lymph nodes.
It didn't fortunately.
But the pain lingers.
Apparently there is a name for this.
Axillary web syndrome. "Like a spider web", my PT tells me. "Picture your arm like a spider web and some of the webbing was broken and now it needs to re-web itself."
Go figure I get this odd spidery thing,
I google it to find that it goes away on its own..in most cases. Some, it lingers for years.
You know I'm bound to be the latter..the way luck follows me and all.

PS- I will NEVER complain about insurance premiums again. I just got my bill for a $250 copayment from my surgery. The bill for the entire stay of 24 hrs was $48,062.60. Yes, you read that right. $48k.
Oldest's NICU stay 6 yrs ago was over 1 million dollars.
With the debate over health care these days I hate to weigh in right now but lets just say...I'm thankful.

Comments