Skip to main content

Recession..What recession?

Rainy day Saturday and I ventured out to the mall. Dear husband took the boys to IKEA. We both agreed that each place looked like it was the day after Christmas. Parking lots were packed, stores were busy and the lines to the cash register were wrapped around the corner. Was it the rain or a sign perhaps that people are spending once again?

I needed (okay, want) some new Fall clothes and couldn't find much. I walked by "FOREVER 21" and decided to take a peak inside when I saw a woman in there who clearly wasn't 21. If she can shop in there so could I.

The teenagers in their barely size 0 shorts didn't seem to be looking twice at me so I felt confident I wouldn't be carded and it was safe to move forward. I did a once around and wasn't sure I could get my right leg in some of the clothing displayed so quickly left. Feeling all of 41 and oh so maternal I went to a safer destiny known as Macy's. The one day sale brought in everyone and their grandmother so the place looked like a tornado had just struck. I found a lone shirt and proceeded to find a register that wasn't busy. Naturally, I find the one item of clothing which was NOT on sale.
Always the case isn't it?

Comments