Skip to main content

A load of crap

4 yr old still refuses to poop in the potty.
I'm googling just this "four yr old wont poop in potty"
Amazingly I get 96,900 responses.
Good to know I'm not alone in this. Although I'm not sure it makes me feel any better. I've yelled, reasoned, screamed, bribed, ignored and yelled some more. I'm out of patience.He tells me he is afraid it's going to hurt. I dont really get this since he poops in his pull up all the time but I'm not four so I dont really get his fears.
Against the advice of my extremely laid back Pediatrician, I push the envelope. I tell him I'm going to take away everything i can think of including his beloved "blankie".
"Forever" he asks me? "You're going to take Blankie away forever?"
"YES! FOREVER" I yell back, acting like I'm also four.
"But I dont need to poop now. I'll go tomorrow"
I dont buy this. He tells me this every day. It used to be he would poop when he turned four, then it was he would do it next Thursday, after school, on Valentines Day. You see where I'm going with this?
My four year old is full of crap...literally and figuratively.

Comments