Skip to main content

My firsts

Went for my first walk yesterday--
okay not my first walk but my first since NB. It was a gorgeous New England evening, my husband was home with the kids and I took my ipod and walked around the neighborhood. It felt good to get into the land of the living again and the weather totally made me remember why I will never leave New England.
As I walked in the door post-walk I arrived at the sight of my 4 year old running naked after the cat. Youngest was yelling "come here beadie" (even though her name has been Codie for the past 14 years he has recently renamed her)I realized that my only getaway this summer was to Storyland. Not sure that counts (although admittedly we did have a great time) So I'm actually excited about our upcoming long weekend to my husband's dream getaway, Penn State.
Okay, I know it's absurd for those of you who aren't initiated into the Penn State Alum cult as I like to call it but for my husband, this is as good as it gets (almost) He turns 40 in December but since I didn't want to attend a Football game in the dead of Winter in State College, Pennsylvania, I opted for surprising him in October. A few months ago I recruited his nearest and dearest college friends to join us in October for a game and weekend of reminiscing. Considering I'm the only one who didn't attend PSU I realize I'm in for a wkend of inside jokes and "remember this?". It's okay. I like his college friends a lot and am excited for Dear Husband to be in his glory for 48 hrs. He deserves it.
And as a dear friend pointed out to me, I shouldn't make fun of his "culty" school like love because I have the same culty behavior with my summer camp.
So I look forward to my first wkend away to Happy Valley, my first taste of Peachy Paterno Ice Cream ,my first PSU Football game at campus and my first getaway since NB. It's not Bermuda but it will do...

Comments