Skip to main content

Vacation all I ever wanted..

vacation, happy to get away..

Ahh, the Go-Go's. I remember singing along with them in my basement with my 3 girlfriends. Each of us taking on a member of the group. I was Jan someone. The drummer.
I digress..

How pathetic is it that Im counting the days until I get 2 nights away with my husband and no kids? It's pathetic because if you've been following along, the vacation that I sing about is to State College, PA. Not exactly the tropics filled with palm trees and cute drinks with umbrellas. No, our two day get away will more likely be filled with brew pubs, football, lots of "remember when" and late nights. I wont be basking in the sun but basking in the smell of beer. No cute drinks with cherries on tops or mid afternoon naps. For those who knew me in my 20's may be surprised to know that I no longer can make it up past 11pm and surely cannot drink more than three (okay, two) glasses of wine before getting tipsy. My college days are behind me and my maternal days are now the reality. I admit I'm in bed by 10pm but in my defense, I dont stay asleep. I awake at least three times a night and often dont fall back to sleep for hours. No lie. This has been an occurrence for over 5 years now.
So although I cannot wait to get away with my husband and spend 48 hours with his college friends (that's the truth) I do worry I wont be able to keep up.
Or stay up!

Comments